Regarding travel on the road, please keep these points in mind:
– Don’t go on the roads unless you are essential to the disaster response.
– There is no ban on driving, BUT there are travel restrictions in many counties e.g., Atlantic, Cumberland, Camden. The Parkway is closed from Exit 38 South and there is the possibility of expanding the closure.
– Regardless of current rain conditions, drive slower to avoid losing control when you drive into ponding and standing water that is already on every roadway.
– Never drive through standing water, even if you think your vehicle can clear the depth. Even if you have an SUV. You could stall and block access for emergency workers
– Expect that flash flooding can turn a stream under a roadway into a river, capable of washing vehicles right off the road. This resulted in a tragic death during Irene.
– If you don’t have to be on the road, stay home. This is no time to venture out for sightseeing or taking photographs and videos.