SITUATION REPORT # 7
NEW JERSEY STATE EMERGENCY OPERATIONS CENTER
August 26th, 2011, 1800 hours
NEW INFORMATION IN BOLD
The NJROIC and NJOEM are monitoring the progress of Hurricane Irene in coordination with the
National Weather Service. At 0600 hours on 8/26/11 the NJROIC operational level increased to
Level III and at 1200 hrs on 8/26/11 was raised to a Level IV . The Governor declared a Statewide
State of Emergency on 8/25/11.
No Incidents at this time.
• Cape May County has ordered a mandatory evacuation of County residents at 0800 hours
• Atlantic County ordered a mandatory evacuations of flood prone areas starting 0600 hours
• Ocean County – Long Beach Island ordered mandatory evacuations effective 0800 hours on
8/26/11, and Berkeley Township ordered voluntary evacuations at 0800 hours 8/26/11.
• Atlantic County OEM will be utilizing local shelters for evacuees.
Rowan University (Gloucester County), IZOD Center (Bergen County), and the Sun Bank
Arena (Mercer County), have been identified as potential additional shelter locations for
• The following shelters are currently open:
Ocean County – Southern Regional High School 90 Cedar Bridge Rd. Manahawkin, NJ
with a capacity for 3,212 evacuees – PET FRIENDLY
Ocean County – Poland Spring Arena – 1245 Freehold Road Toms River, NJ 08753
with a capacity for 550 evacuees.
Page 2 of 3
Atlantic County – St. Augustine Prep 611 Cedar Ave. 08350 Richland, NJ with a capacity
for 250 evacuees – PET FRIENDLY
Cape May County – Woodbine Developmental Center – 1175 Dehirsh Ave, Woodbine, NJ
with a capacity for 305 evacuees.
Gloucester County – Rowan University (Student Center) – 201 Mullica Hill Rd. Glassboro,
NJ 08028 with a capacity for 2,200 evacuees.
Salem County – Salem County Comm. College – 460 Hollywood Ave. Penns Grove, NJ
08069 with a capacity for 750 evacuees.
Monmouth County – Wall Twp. High School 18th/New Bedford Ave. Wall, NJ 07719
with a capacity for 2,000 evacuees – CAN NOT ACCOMMODATE PETS
Monmouth County – Holmdel High School – 4 Crawfords Corner Rd. Holmdel, NJ
07733 with a capacity for 500 evacuees – CAN NOT ACCOMMODATE PETS
Monmouth County – Colts Neck High School – 59 Five Points Rd. Colts Neck, NJ 07722
with a capacity for 2,000 evacuees. – CAN NOT ACCOMMODATE PETS (to open at
0800 hours on 8/27/11)
• The SEOC is fully staffed with representatives from appropriate State agencies and
• Governor Christie has announced the Garden State Parkway will stop all southbound
traffic at exit 98 at 2000 hours on 8/26/11
• NJDEP will be closing all State Parks and Marinas effective 1800 hours on 8/26/11.
• NJDEP will be closing all Shellfish Beds effective 1930 hours on 8/27/11
• NJDEP opened the Pompton Lakes flood gates at 1400 hours today, DEP dam safety
personnel will be on-site for this operation. The released water will remain within the
• At 1600 hours Troop “A” Command Post opened for the Route 72 and Routes
347/47 Contraflow. Rt. 72 Command Post is located at Stafford Twp. PD. 347/47
Command Post is located at Bayside Prison in Leesburg, NJ. At 1800 hours both
Contraflow plans are scheduled to commence. At 1800 hours all eastbound traffic
on the Atlantic City Expressway will be diverted to alternate routes at the
• At 1200 hours on 8/27/11 NJ Transit will cease all train operations until further
• At 1200 hours on 8/27/11 NY Metro and PATH trains will cease operations until
Page 3 of 3
• On 8/27/11 at 1800 hours the DeLanco Bridge located in Burlington County will be
closed until 0600 hours 8/29/11
• Cape May County issued a County Wide State of Emergency.
• Gloucester County issued a County Wide State of Emergency.
• Burlington County – Washington Twp. issued a State of Emergency.
• Monmouth County issued a County Wide State of Emergency at 1400 hours on
• Somerset County issued a County Wide State of Emergency at 1400 hours on
No road closures at this time.
• Atlantic County OEM requests traffic diversions for Route 30/Shore Road to be in effect
for 1400 hours 8/26/2011.
• At 1800 hours Contraflow will be initiated for Routes 72 (causeway from LBI through
mainland), and 347 and 47 (Cape May County)