SITUATION REPORT # 4
NEW JERSEY STATE EMERGENCY OPERATIONS CENTER
August 26th, 2011, 0600 hours
The NJROIC and NJOEM are monitoring the progress of Hurricane Irene in coordination with the National Weather Service. At 1500 hours on August 25th, the NJROIC operational level increased to Level II. The SEOC is staffed with NJOEM personnel. The Governor has issued Executive Order 73. Level 3 Activation to start at 0600 hours on 8-26-2011.
• Cape May County has ordered a mandatory evacuation as of 0800 hours on 8/26/2011.
• Atlantic County has ordered a mandatory evacuation of flood prone areas starting 0600.
• Ocean County started mandatory evacuations of Long Beach Island and Berkeley Township at 0800.
• Atlantic County OEM will be utilizing local shelters for evacuees.
• Rowan University (Gloucester County), IZOD Center (Bergen County), and the Sun Bank Arena (Mercer County), and additional locations in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania have been identified as potential additional shelter locations for evacuees.
No road closures at this time.